MI Travels | Holland, MI
- Located in Western Michigan 25 miles west of Grand Rapids, Holland is home to Holland State Park and famous Tunnel Park on the shores of Lake Michigan.
- While Holland is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts and beach goers, downtown Holland has something for everyone, boutiques, restaurants, & entertainment.
- Whether you are a boater, hiker, biker, or windsurfer there is always something to do outdoors. The best part is you don’t have to own all of the gear as there are many different rental opportunities.
- This beach town has all of the amenities of big city with the charm of a small town and rain or shine there is always more to explore
Things To Do:
- Visit the famous Tunnel Beach
- Beach Day
- Mt. Pisgah dune hike
- Walk the pier and visit Big Red (lighthouse)
- Windmill Gardens
- Visit the Wineries and Breweries
- Boutique shopping
Where To Stay
If you are looking to camp near the beach, look no further than Holland State Park Beach Campground. With RV/camper spots right on the beach you’ll be steps from the fresh Lake Michigan waters. Although, if you prefer to ‘rough it’ in a tent the better option is just up the road at the Macatawa Lake Campground, inside of Holland State Park.
Whether you are looking to stay on Lake Michigan, Macatawa Lake, or downtown there are tons of options ranging from single rooms to large houses. You will surely be able to find a place that fits your exact needs.
There are many different options for hotels in Holland including large chain hotels and independent inns. Whatever your budget is there is a hotel that is close to both downtown and Lake Michigan.
Food and Drink
Newly remodeled and serves delicious seafood, steak, burgers and just about everything else.
Butch’s Dry Dock
The extensive wine selection, atmosphere, and food make you want to come back for more.
New Holland Brewing
Local feel with some of the best beer around.
Hops At 84 East
Located right on the main street, with more beers on tap than you could ever imagine, this place is a must.
Ottawa Beach Inn
Looking for a place near the beach? This is the place for you. A large patio and great food make this a perfect stop after a long day at the beach.